Thursday, January 19, 2006

A last wave goodbye...

Well peoples, here we are. At the very eve of the departure. Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the other side of the world for a while... weird. Mind you, with all this snow and the weather getting colder and colder, I can't exactly say that I'm too too sad. A little poem came into my mind this afternoon, but as I am really not a poet... I probably shouldn't share it... it goes something like this:
As I leave this land of ice and snow,
and go whither I do not know...
There's something after that I don't remember... and then it end with a big bang:
But when the ice away doth blow,
and April flowers do once more grow,
I'll be not far from returning home
To see your smiling faces.

So, like I said... I'm not a poet. :) I'm thinking of reciting it tomorrow at my departure, but I think I'll just let them read it here instead.

At any rate, I just want to thank all the groups that have committed to praying for me as I go. I know that there are many individuals too, but I can't get everyone!
First, the wonderful folks at Vanguard. Thank you. Your support has overwhelmed me.
City Centre Church. You're my home.
The good folks at Sol Cafe.
Church of Christ & Maureen. Thank you for your warm welcome. I enjoy celebrating Christ with you!
Sherwood Park Pentecostal.
Cochrane Alliance.
The folks at ECAC.
And last but not least, "T-dog's" life group.

Next time I post, it'll be from Thailand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home