Sunday, January 22, 2006

Arrived!!!

Hello from Chiang Mai!

I just got here, and Tim and Claire got me installed in my room. It turns out it is a hotel of sorts, but I'm still uncertain as to how 'hotelish' it is... I don't know if they clean or anything. I'll find that out tonight. It's not a huge room, but is very clean, has a large bathroom and a small balcony.
It's beautiful out there, probably about +26-27. Relatively humid here too, although we are far from the ocean.
Tim told me that the local attractions include elephant riding, bamboo rafting and hiking. And it costs about $20 to do those things for a day, including transportation, food and the activities. I'm quite excited.
I seem to be situated on a whyte ave. type of street. I think in my 15 minute exploration I found about 10 coffee shops. The Lord is good. :)
Right now I'm in a little internet cafe that is about a dollar an hour. So I'll be talking to you all a lot I'm sure.
Well I'll get back to you all soon! Remember to e-mail and post comments!

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany I'm glad everything worked out for you and that you've even gotten a marriage proposal...I think you should leave those pics of tiff and I in the book and don't use them to find us husbands though :) I can't wait to hear more of your stories!!!
Cindie

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany!
I am so glad to hear that everything is going good. You are probably living in a paradise with all the coffee jobs right before you, and there is a chance that there could be room service. NICE!!!!
We miss you lots even though you havent been gone for a long time.
I have to go and make supper.
love ya
Elizabeth Paul

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so exciting! :D:D:D:D::D:D:D

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

It's a good time, had by all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home