Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Master plan is going to work! Buahahha!






Ok, so it seems that my plan to download images into my gmail accounts is going to work. This means two things: 1) you guys will all get regular image updates, and 2) I don't have to buy a million camera cards.
Ohhh... there is a gecko running down the wall in front of me. First time I've seen one of those here!
And I forgot to post this, but last time I was in here the song playing was "take me to your heart" - for all you China trip people.

Well, things are going well. I ran for my third time today with Opal. It's good. I walk for about 20 minutes to get there, then we go jogging, and I walk home, usually picking up breakfast on the way. I'm thinking about buying a bike, because it would be cheaper taking the "song-tau"'s, or the red trucks. Also, sometimes you can wait 15 minutes for them, by which time you would be almost home if you walked. Also, for the fare you pay, I can buy a meal. So, yup, food over a free ride, anyday. That pretty much cinched it for me. Also, in the long run, I'll save a lot of money, and stay in shape.

We have a new girl who came in last night, Jennifer. I haven't met her yet, but I am no longer the new kid on the block! Woohoo!

Speaking of being new, most people can't believe I've only been here 4 days because of my speech. I'm guessing I've learned about 300 words in the past couple of days. My head is spinning and hurts almost constantly from the effort, but I'm learning! I'm also forgetting my Chinese, especially when the words are close, my brain seems to block out the Chinese entirely. Someone asked me how to say "no problem" in Chinese, and for the life of me, only the Thai came to mind. Or the French. It was painful. About 7 hours later, the Chinese came back, but it took some effort! "Mei wen tee!"

I've put some pictures up. The first is the view from my balcony. The second are the people who saw me off at the airport. The third is my room from my balcony, and the last my room from the door. Yup. It's pink. I know. What can be done?

My classes are going really well. I have a lot of fun with my second class. There is a lady named Kee (Pi Kee, add the prefix for respect) who is absolutely hilarious. At cooking night last night, she was the master chef. It was awesome food, and 4 of the 5 students who came were mine. :):)

I have some prayer requests:
Tim and Claire got food poisoning and are in recovery right now. Pray for their health, and for other people who eat at that restaurant.
There's a cold going around the centre right now, so please pray for that too.
And Friday Night Party is coming up soon, and it is the main time that we use to speak about who Jesus is and what he means to us. So please pray that that would go well. I think Jim is sharing his testimony.

6 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT IS FLIPPIN AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you! so glad you are fitting in! going to vancouver tomorrow...you know what that means! wink wink. anyways...keep up the language..you'll be fluent in like 2 weeks. haha. things around here are extremely busy, but fun. there's a lot to look forward to! talk to you soon babe!

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sooooooo want to hear take me to your heart again!!! can you buy me a cd?? that's so awesome and i know you love your pink room. just make sure your bike doesn't fall apart like andre's did!

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hot mama! i love that comforter on your bed. can you bring it home for me? just joking. but seriously, i'm glad to hear all is well. don't speak to much french because...you're in thailand. go crazy!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany, how are your trout boxers holding up in the hot weather.. hey it was +9 here the other day. and also, I hope that you will wear your WWF badges proudly and stuff.....
Peace! and don`t recall any moments of pain, just think of purple penguins

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Intern (you'll always be that, you know)
I'm glad you're enjoying life there. At some point I'm sure we'll actually talk, just to let you know that I still am aware of your existance, and am still in existance myself.
You've got a pink room. You have no idea what joy that brings to my heart.
I hope you're not being anal retentive, have you found any reason to buy perfume? imagining any dish washing? and like I always say, if you're going to go up, you may as well take the elevator in Sears!
Laters

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

Ok, here we go in response... Tiff it's awesome. Make sure you have fun in Vancouver, and don't do anything I wouldn't. Cindie, is everything you say sarcastic? Can't you be nice once in a while? Funny you should mention Andre's bike...
Meaghan, nope, not too much french. Jordan, me too. Trout boxers are great. And tell T-dog I did her mirror thing. Weird. Lydders, the pink room is NOT funny. But I'm glad it makes you happy and that you are still alive. No perfume, and certainly no dish washing, that is your specialty. Meagan, yup it would be a lot by the end, but right onw I'm trying to cement in the words I know, so learning is slowing down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home