Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cheap Thai Bikes are REALLY Cheap. Lesson #1

I bought a bike. It was about $60 at Tesco's, the local walmart equivalent. And not to worry (mom) I also bought a helmet that cost about half the price of the bike, a good American make.
I also bought a small repair kit so that I could elongate seat. Little did I know, that when I slid it out to fit me, I slid it out to it's last half a centimeter of length. (People here are short, it seems they make their bikes short also. Honestly, it was just the right length). Anyways, I was biking home and I could feel the seat moving around a little, but I didn't worry about it, I just thought I'd fix it when I got home.
No sooner had I turned onto my own street (Nemanhemin) than the entire seat fell off onto the road behind me! I slammed on the brakes, parked my bike, ran back and recovered the seat. As I said before, I had attached it at the very end of the shaft, and the little bit holding on actually bent, causing the seat to fall off. So I re-attached it a little lower and kept going. There has not been a problem since.
So, here's me hoping that there is no lesson #2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home