Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cheap Thai bikes are REALLY cheap. Lesson #2.

Ok, I figure it's about time to give a quick update about the orange fury that gets me around. I told you last time about the seat coming off on the street. But I've encountered another slightly difficuly problem. Every time I put weight on the handlebars, I end up loosening the nut keeping them on. So then they start wobbling. I can usually still have good control if I rotate them so that the brake levers are pushed against my basket on the front, but it's still kinda hard when you are getting going. All this means is that every 2-3 days I have to go retrieve the monkey wrench from the tool shed at the Centre and tighten it up, but I thought some of you might laugh at the thought of me pedaling down the street on a seat that is too low with wobbly handle bars throwing me off. Surprisingly, I still make really good time, and am never much slower than the flow of traffic.

Girls night was an awesome success last night. We had a lot of fun, and 20 people showed up in all. We played some games, and ate together, and then Claire basically shared the gospel straight up with the girls, and then ended it with giving each girl a rose that had 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 attached.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres"

After that we watched "Guess Who?". The four students of mine who came were Nok, Waan, T.O., and Gift. The last three are my 15 year-old Jr. High kids, and Nok is the one that has some previous pictures up, from the second class.

In this second picture you can see Opal translating to Claire's left. To her right is Bo, a newly baptized Christian, and then my 3 students, T.O., Gift and Waan's shoulder. On the left, kind of covering Opal, is Nok.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers. I don't think you can even know how thankful I am for them. Everything has gone really well, and continues to do so.

Miss you all!

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thumbs up!

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome...awesome times! so glad for you beth!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

Thanks guys! Now I know you actually read this thing! ;) Hope you are all doing well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home