Monday, February 06, 2006

Sorry

It seems that my last post, on the 4th, was not posted. I'm sorry if you've been waiting for news and none has come!

Things are going really well here. My classes are settling down, and I am having a lot of fun with my students. The other night we went to "walking street", where on Sunday nights they close down two huge streets, and people sell handicrafts and others busk etc. It's quite a lot of fun to look around, but it also gets quite busy.
The other things we went to see was the annual orchid festival. It was quite amazing. They have a big parade of sorts with these huge floats decorated with nothing but flowers. All the colouring, all the designs, everything, was made with nothing but flowers. They had one that showed the royal throne with the king on it, and some others had huge dragons or white elephants. One even was a depiction of the "common Thai", with about 8 different people made of flowers on it. It was amazing, because all the flowers were fresh. You could go up and touch them. How they managed to create these works of art and display them before the flowers wilted was beyond me.

Every Friday night we have a "Friday Night Party" for the students. This last week's theme was Superbowl. We played a lot of games, had snacks, and then I shared briefly about who Jesus is to me. 4 of my 11 students were there, as well as many of the other students. I think it was quite a success. This next week our theme is Valentine's day.

I went to a foreigner church this last Sunday. It was quite a lot bigger than the Thai church I'd been to. They had just moved buildings, so it was their first Sunday in a new location. The sermon, based on 2 Cor 4:17-18 was... interesting. I think I'll go back to the Thai church this Sunday.

Apart from that, the weather has been partially cloudy for the last couple days, and I've been quite busy keeping up with students, planning Friday night party and reading. I'm still working on "Toward an O.T. theology" by Walter Kaiser Jr., and I just finished "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden.

Well, that's about all for now. I'll talk to you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home