Sunday, February 19, 2006

A hard day....

Today was kind of a longer day. Mostly because I spent most of it alone. I went to church in the morning, but the pastor and his wife are in India working with a team there on a short term mission. The speaker that was invited left something to be desired. Oh well, you win some and you lose some right?
So after eating lunch, I had a nap and started to feel a little lonely. So I got on my bike, rode for about 10 minutes, parked, walked for about the same and then there I was... arrived at the Haey Keaw waterfall. So I lounged in and about the waterfall for the afternoon, read a book and ate some fruit I'd bought on the way. It turned out to be a perfect afternoon.
I feel like I'm learning a lot about living alone, in a place where my only friends are my coworkers. It's strange. But you learn to cope. And really, it's not that bad. I think I may be more of an introvert than I imagined. And it's ok to be alone.

Anyways, enough sentimentality! I'm planning to go check out a place called Mike's Burgers. I've hear nothing but good things about it, but I refused to go to such a "farang" place. But now I've been here for a month, I think it's ok.

4 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beth...is thailand a place you can see yourself in for long term? cause i'm sure getting that feeling! :o) love you babe! gotta love those waterfalls!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany,
We prayed for you tonight at Sol cafe. We hope God is with you and caring for you.
love Shirley

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are missed and you are loved. At least you have a waterfall to hang out at :P

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

Haha, Tiff. I was wondering when that question was coming. My answer? No comment.

Shirley, thank you so much, that means a lot to me. God is definitely taking care of me.

Thanks Di.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home