Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day and other news

Hey Peoples!

Well, the Valentine's day class went really well, I had 5 of my 7 students show up and they really seemed to enjoy it. My first class of 3 girls (T.O., Gift and Waan) went really well too. We went through the story of the prodigal son with them. They are such sweet girls. They bought me some Ferrero Roche's to say "thanks for being our teacher".

In other news, I taught the "Tim Tam Slam" to the team here. If you don't know what that is, ask me about it when I get back and I'll be glad to teach you!
Tomorrow night's Friday Night Party is going to be Superhero night, and I'm going to be the M.C. So please pray for that. And of course, no superhero night is complete without a visit from the Dental Hygeine Hero, who will without a doubt be making an appearance (I've been working on my costume all day!). More about that later!

School for the University students is just ending now, as they are all in their final exams and major projects, so getting time to go out with them is kind of hard right now. They end school now, and then start classes again in June, when the rainy season starts.
For grade school, they have the month of April off, but go to school year round the rest of the year with a week or two off every couple of months.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey beth...
will the center still be running with students out of school? how will ur schedule look now? valentines day was great... :o) as expected! lots of sweets and surprises...i'm a lucky girl. lol. love you babe! thinking about you all the time!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

The Centre will still be running, we do things in the evening mostly, so even students with summer jobs will be able to come. I expect my schedule will look pretty much exactly the same.

Haha, I'm glad to hear you haven't forgotten the dental hygiene hero Meagan! Remember, "I fight for your teeth!".

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany,

just checking in on you. It still seems surreal to see this blog - and the realization of what you are doing. Anyways, just want you to know that we are praying for you - and trust that you are doing well!

Looking forward to having you home.

Lord bless you Bethany.

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home