Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ok, all is well again!

Sometimes I wonder...

I was just in a kind of a slump Sunday and Monday, as you could see from my last post, and then I got some news! Kalen is coming up this weekend! For those of you who don't know who Kalen is, she's another student from Vanguard who is doing her internship here in Thailand. She's been in Bangkok, and hosted me during my layover there. Now I get to host her! It will be awesome to see her. So I apologized to Jesus for my whinging (the Irish girl is rubbin' off on me a wee litl' bit!), and thanked him for the good timing, and everything has been great again!

I was reading the Bible yesterday and came across a rather interesting verse... I'm not sure if it's a "word from the Lord" or not, but a good warning anyways. It's from Deuteronomy 14:21:
"Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner"
Anyways, I'm going to be careful who I buy my meat from. If they are Christians or Jewish, I'm gonna be just a little more wary! ;)

Today I led worship for our little meeting. I'm really not a worship leader at all. I've only done it once before, and the one person who remembers that kinda smiles shyly when she thinks about it and says "it was.... cute...". Yup, I'm a "cute" worship leader... i.e. I try hard but am not very good. The one good thing about being here though is that no one can even play one chord except me, so they have little to compare my poor talent to.
So I stumbled through two songs, but I had practiced for so long before we started that blisters were starting to develop on my fingers, so I was working so hard to push down the strings through the pain that I didn't have much time to be nervous. Or to really think about God and worship.... hmm... well, you win some and you lose some! We'll have to see if Opal ever asks me to lead again!

For those of you who keep asking, my bike IS holding up. I've managed to fix the handle bar problem almost completely, so that's not a problem anymore. But something else is starting to make a weird sound, kinda like my bike back home did before it changed gears unannounced. But this bike only has one gear. So, you may or may not soon be seeing post #3 of the "Cheap Thai bikes are REALLY cheap" series! But I hope not.

Also, I've heard about a lake that is about a half an hour bike ride north of the city... so we may have another adventure on our hands, folks! I probably won't do it this weekend, maybe the weekend after that, so keep reading!

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beth..i love you. lol. you make me laugh so hard. and yes...i've been holding off on that question...looking forward to hearing your view on it all in your hottub! :o) anyways. i'm just a wee bit jealous about all the fun you are having. i also heard a couple of days ago that kalen will be with our team for the whole time. so if you could join us what a blast we would have! are you off on weekends? anyways...love you...praying for you...that you will have an absolutely amazing time!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth...leading worship what a stretching experience...Tiff is so lazy that she says she has bed sores on her butt. You'll have to whip her back into shape with a trusty Thai bike.

hahaha

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You played guitar! That is SOOOO funny. I'm sure you had proper rhythm too. Canadian Idol here you come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home