Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tim and Clair's Farewell party


This last Thursday, we had an amazing farewell for Tim and Clair. It was from the students, to their beloved teachers. I was touched to see just how much the students were influenced by Tim and Clair, the tears shed bearing witness to this.
We had a video presentation, food and a time where the students could say a short goodbye to Tim and Clair. It was incredibly touching. I hope that someday I will be able to be such a leader as these two are.
The evening was awesome. I was in charge of decorations. You can see my little tribute to the pair. Yes, that is plasticine. Yes, that does represent about 2 hours of my work. Yes, I know that neither one is blond, or has green eyes, but my colours were very limited. And I did get Clair's t-shirt colour right! It was definitely a hit throughout the evening!

About 50 students showed up in all, many of them are no longer students here, but came to say good bye.

I'm not even sure I can communicate all that the evening meant to me. It was awesome. I hope to one day be as influencial as this couple, to leave a legacy of love like they did. These things always make me re-evaluate what is REALLY important anyways?

Keep in touch y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home