Thursday, April 06, 2006

Songkran is coming!

Hey peoples!

So, it's my last two days at the Centre. I'm having my FINAL evaluation today with my supervisor. They are having a goodbye lunch for me tomorrow. Pizza, Kow Soy, Moo Satay and Pat Thai. I can't wait. It'll be delicious.

There is a YWAM team here right now. 18 extra foreigners. As a result, the Centre has turned into a bit of a zoo. They are a really fun team though, and we love having them around.

Songkran festival is next week so the Centre will be closed. Songkran is a national Thai holiday. Some say it is the Thai new years, others disagree and say that it is a festival to cool off in summer. At any rate, it is a 10 day waterfight that consumes this city. Because of the moat around the old city providing a lot of water, Chiang Mai is the craziest place for Songkran. I can't wait. It's so amazing to be here. And it will be nice to cool off. I already had a taste of it when a guy named Jeff soaked me today. It took all of 5 minutes to be dry again.

That's all I've got for right now! Another update soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home