Monday, March 13, 2006

Rebuilding the wall, playing Nehemiah.

So, we rebuilt the wall behind the Centre. Actually, we we didn't really. We poured out concrete in the gaps underneath the wall to restabilize it because it was falling over due to the removal of a dirt pile on the other side.
I spent a good 5 or 6 hours yesterday mixing cement, carrying 60 pound bags of gravel and sand and also tending to my biggest job: that of turning on and off the water for the cement mixture. It took my a good 3 hours this morning to figure out why in the world I was soooo sore. After all, what's moving a couple hundred pounds of rock and sand? Seemingly, it's enough to make me unable to move well the next day.
So, with an aching back and hurting shoulders, I'm going back to the Centre in a couple of hours to finish what we started. And I think in a couple of days I might go for that Thai massage I keep hearing about.

Also, there is the exciting news that the team flies into my city tomorrow! Woohoo! I can't wait for that!
I'll put up a picture or two of the building process either later today or tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bethany!!!
it's bridget!!! it's so funny cus the other day i was thinking, "wow, if there's someone i haven't seen in a while, it's bethany. i should give her a call and we should go for tea!" then i was like, oh yeah she's in thailand!!! but nevertheless, we will go for tea some day again! haha...i hope that you are having a great time over there. travelling with God on your side is such an amazing experience. i pray that you continue to influence those around you for God just as you do here at home. God bless you beth, you're in my heart and prayers. love you tons!!!,
bridget.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

Hey Bridget!
Great to hear from you! I love what you put in my scrapbook too! We will definitely go for tea!
Meagan, yes I miss your hugs too. I'll give some out in your honour. It was awesome talking to you too, like being back in my bedroom at home chatting to you on MSN! Thanks for always leaving comments! It lets me know you are reading it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home