Friday, March 24, 2006

Two sad goodbyes

I've had to say goodbye twice in the last two days. How much does that suck?
The first was to Yam, who is not one of my students, but is one of my friends at the Centre. She is going to Philadelphia to work as a nanny for a couple of years. That's one lucky family.
The other one is Nok, my wonderful friend. It is her birthday tomorrow. But she is going down to Bangkok for an interview at a design production company.
I took her out for Japanese food tonight, which is her favorite. We said our goodbyes which was hard. Then she drove me up the nearby mountain (where my waterfall is) and offered incense and a rose to a large golden statue of a man. On the way back she said that she has "wished" for me. That I would be "strong and happy and beautiful everyday". When she dropped me off at the Centre I had the opportunity to pray for her. Along with praying for safety for her 9 hour drive tomorrow morning, I also prayed that she would be strong, healthy, happy and beautiful everyday. Man, am I ever gonna miss her.

And so now, with two weeks left at the Centre (my last week the centre is closed for Songkran, the Thai new years/huge massive 4 day waterfight) I am left without either of the students that I had chosen to target in order to build a more significant relationship with. So, let's see what we can do!

We also have a new staff member coming in! Tifany (from either the States or Canada, no one seems to remember which) will be here on Monday. She's a fresh Bible college grad, so I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

What else? I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Pi'Kee, one of my students, is taking me to a Thai wedding tomorrow. It is traditional Thai wedding and will involve eating. And I hear some people will speak English too, which is great. That's about all I know. And I'm being picked up ridiculously early for a Saturday morning. Which means I should get home, because it's midnight, I'm exhausted and need some sleep for a long day tomorrow of mostly being in the dark as to what's happening.

Three weeks left! Can't wait to get back and see you all! Sorry no photos today, I forgot my camera at home, again. I'm sorry, I'll really try to be better at that in the future.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to see you at Sol Cafe. Pick a date to tell us of your adventures.
love shirley
My email is stbperry@shaw.ca

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

Hey Shirley!

Thanks, I'll get back to you soon! Can't wait to see all you guys either! Thanks for all your support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home