Friday, March 10, 2006

The battle is ended.

So, I think I'm better.
It's been 7 days now of struggle and pain but I think I'm finally better. I think the medications the doctor gave me at the biggining of day 5 may have something to do with that. Either way, I'm glad to have my energy back and to be eating again. Everyone else seems to be happy I'm smiling and talking again too.
My roommate came back! Yep, he came to keep me company during the last couple days of sickness. He's quite quiet, and usually keeps to himself while I'm in the room, but occasionaly I find him out on a stoll when I get into the room.
I think it might be a "Rod the second" though, since A)All these Thai geckos look the same to me (so sue me!) and B) because this Rod seems to like to hide behind the wardrobe instead of under the fridge. Either way, I'm glad to have him back.
5 more days and the Vanguard team will be in Chiang Mai. I'm more than just a little excited about that.
There are only 5 weeks left in my trip! I can hardly believe it! Only 5 weeks? That's no time at all! What happened to the "I'm here for 3 months" thing? Where did all the time go! And I feel more than a little angry at the fact that one whole week just slipped by in sickness! That's just not fair! I didn't get a chance at it!
Sigh... what can you do?
I don't know if I said before that I was asked to share on Wednesday to about teamwork in the team meeting. So I prepared out of Nehemiah chapters 3,4 and 6 about how the rebuilding of the Jerusalem wall required great teamwork. Then, after the talk, they kinda started giggling and told me that the day before at the meeting I'd missed because of sickness, they announced that they were ripping down and rebuilding the 14 foot brick wall behind the Centre this next Monday. I felt more than a little corny. But I didn't know about it! Really!
Oh well, I hear there are some foreign guys coming to help out for the building! Who knows who you might meet! ;)
Talk to you soon!

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did i hear something about guys? lol. 3 hours til the airport! talk to you soon! glad you are feeling better! can't wait to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home