Friday, March 03, 2006

Wow am I ever tired!

It's only 10, but it feels like 1 am.
I went running this morning rather reluctantly. I find that while I'm sticking very closely to my Thai workout regime, it's not helping a whole lot in terms of physique. Must be the incredible amounts of food that I eat during the day offsetting that... nope, not worth changing!
Then I made "moo ping" or bbq pork with Namwaan and Opal for lunch. It was easy and tasty. And, when combined with sticky rice, quite filling too.
The day went on and on and on! Classes were slow, and then we had Friday Night Party, where I was MC and expended the last of my energy. I was about to drag myself onto my bike for the ride home (downhill slightly, bless the Lord) when some students asked me to come out to eat. Yup, I'll come. Then they asked me to go for Karaoke, but I decided my poor wasted head would not make it through that. So I came here instead to write to all you fine folks!
I've had some really great conversations tonight. I talked to a girl named PoBow about what she thought about God. She, like so many others, said "I really like Jesus. He's great. I want to be a Christian. But my parents are Buddhist, and they would be very mad". What do you say to that? I usually just talk about following Jesus as a personal choice, and let them know that I respect any choice they make. But in the end, it's up to them.

Rod is not dead under my fridge. I checked, and he's gone. If anyone missed that post, Rod is the gecko that was living in my room. He left me. Which I suppose is good, because he would have died if he had stayed. There was however a rat seen in the basement in the Centre. I didn't suggest we name it and leave food out for it though. Beth and Jenny were so scared they refused to go down there and kept the door religiously closed for a week, and would scream warnings to anyone else going down. They would have killed me if I suggested we did anything but kill it, trap it, or otherwise dispose of its presence. Poor little guy. He didn't do anything to deserve that kind of treatment.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

Hey Mirka!
Why did you sign up under Meagan? You confuse me! To leave a post under your own name, just push the little button beside "blogger" that says "other". Then fill in your name (you don't need a website)
I liked Rod. No, I didn't take a picture, but I'll take one of his cousin sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home